Phase 5 - Final Activity
Link to the E-portfolio of Marlon Giovanny Alarcon Diaz:
Observed population:
The practice was carried out in the educational institution Normal Superior of Ibagué which provides education to students from transition to complementary cycle (12th grade), which has three places used for teaching, while a fourth place is being built at the moment; The class observed is a seventh grade group (7-6 to be specific) the group is composed of 44 students, most of them boys and the minority girls, ages between 13-16 years, with no special condition except some students with hyperopia, located in the second structure of the institution which has 2 floors, the classroom is located on the second floor, with some seats damaged by the previous group that used the classroom, The teacher exercises in this class the area of English while in other grade exercises Spanish and English.
Synthesis of the diarios de campo:
The field diaries made are based on the current situation of the seventh grade (7-6), where students saw the topic of "Verb to be", "Plural rules", "Kind of nouns" and "Pronouns personals and possessive", each of these topics covers a complicated context, but the teacher made an effort to use different methods for students to first understand the general form of the topic and then begin to deepen it gradually; the attitude of the students towards the topics is variable, although they will not get bored in class, they find the language difficult according to their own words, so they get a little distracted when doing the activities, even so both the teacher and the students make an effort to learn from each other while I as a teacher in training learn from their interactions and also participate in some of them.
Photograpic evidence:
Plan de trabajo:
Methods of the course:
1. The Direct Method
"The argument was that the Grammar-Translation Method taught learners about the target language but not how to speak the target-language. In DM, there is no translation. In fact mother-tongue is expressly forbidden, and all communication is directly in the target language. Vocabulary is explained through visual aids and miming. Listening and speaking skills are given priority, though reading and writing play their part. Grammar is deduced rather than instilled."(TELF.NET)
Reference:
The Direct Method, TELF.NET. Retrieved from:
In my opinion the classes that the teacher gave classes in a direct way, that is to say with English itself; he spoke in English, translated in English and carried out the activities for the students completely in English, when I saw the result I was very happy because the students knew how to say some sentences without seeing the notebook, the dictionary and others; also my thoughts are that the students of today use too much grammar and neglect the pronunciation, the meanings and the sounds so I fervently believe that this method is necessary to teach foreign languages.
2.Learning Community Language Learning
"A common method of teaching languages called community language learning (CLL) involves psychological aspects of language development. Students work together to learn a new language skill level. A language classroom teacher, or counselor, works with the learners and gives them feedback."(Marc)
References:
Marc. What is a community language learning?,Ilovelanguages. Retrieved from:
As for this method, I think it is the most effective way to teach and be taught; that is, students communicate with each other, and teachers contribute and also learn from their own students, they don't need to be divided by the difference of experience and thoughts; they just share the same taste of learning, I think this method helps the whole classroom, and even supports the cooperative development of students, thus improving the socialization ability of students, so I think it is right to say that this method has very good advantages when using it.
Conclusions:
1.In the present work, I allow myself to express satisfaction in being able to experience what a teacher does in class, the interactions of students, teachers and myself, making me grow as a person and as a professional.
3. Finally, I strongly believe that the thematic training, i.e. the description of methods that I researched in the course of the work, gave me the basis to understand what I should teach, what methods I can use, how to use them and how to prevent their misuse when applying them in a real classroom.






Comentarios
Publicar un comentario